British Society of Baking
The Secretary, British Society of Baking, Vine Cottage, Tomkins Lane, Marsh Gibbon Bicester Oxon OX27 0EX
Tel: 01869 247098
Personal Information (data)
This refers to information that can be used to identify an individual (the data subject). We only hold and process personal data that is provided by you (current and potential members, staff, clients, and suppliers), in the course of your transactions with us.
The personal data that we hold includes some or all, of the following as appropriate:
- name, address, telephone number and email contact details, and (in the case of payments) bank details
- Executive committee members’ photographs
Our lawful basis for processing your data is the fulfilment of our contracts with you as members, clients and suppliers.
Processing Personal Data
We process data for the following purposes:
- maintaining and managing records
- processing payments to and from the Society
- communicating about the Society; seeking information and feedback
- providing information on our website
- dealing with enquiries and queries from our members.
- analysis of website usage – the data collected is anonymous and is used to ensure the continuing provision of appropriate and helpful information for our members
Retention and Disposal of Data
Personal data is held for the duration of your membership with us, and for up to one year thereafter.
The data is then disposed of securely.
Sharing your data
These organisations include:
- the bank and on-line payment processors
- other on-line processors (eg for bulk e-mails to members; anonymous analytics)
- our website designer and host
We will never sell, rent or trade your data.
Log data and cookies
Like many website operators, we collect data whenever you visit our site. This log data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, the pages of the site that you visit, and other similar statistics.
Keeping your data secure
We employ a range of methods to keep your data secure – including access controls and training.
This ensures that the Secretary and Executive Committee members are aware of the need to protect data and how to do that; access to your data is controlled; in the unlikely event of a breach, correct procedures will be followed.
You have the right to:
- be informed about how we collect and use your data – this policy fulfils that function
- obtain a copy of the personal data we hold
- have inaccurate data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
- receive your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
Further information on your rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office:
https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/ This policy takes account of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR).